I love delicious, easy, mostly-healthy snacks that I can make in advance to have on hand. When we get hungry, we get hangry and it’s not pretty. A nutritious little treat is just what the blood sugar ordered.
These sweet little balls of awesome taste so sinful, but they’re full of healthy fats and dates. They’re vegan, raw and so easy to whip up! As I write this post my daughter saw the photo and said “Oooooh can we make those again?!” Yes. Yes we can. They’re so tasty that The Food Artist and I hardly left any for the kiddo. Whooooops!
What kinds of no-bake snacks or treats would you like to see?
- 1 cup dates, pitted, packed
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- Process the dates, cashews, salt and maple syrup in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a chopping blade for about 2 to 3 minutes until the mixture forms a ball.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium sized mixing bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Using a tablespoon measure or small cookie scoop, form the mixture into 12 even balls and place on a baking sheet lined with waxed paper or parchment.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Store leftover bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1 week.