Boy did it get HOT fast! It seemed like we were having an eternal winter, when all of a sudden it’s over 100 degrees. Am I alone in saying my body wasn’t prepared for that big of a swing?! Daaaayum!
Anyway, today The Food Artist and I have a quick, cool, and satisfying breakfast for you guys. These bite-sized granola yogurt cups are refreshing, creamy, and filling with juicy berries on top. The tang of lime in the yogurt is total perfection! Make them in a big batch and have an easy, healthy, totally yummy breakfast for the whole family all week. My kid goes bonkers for these!
Skylar like them frozen, but personally I prefer them just chilled in the fruit as does my kiddo. Make these beauties and let us know what you think in the comments!
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 2 cups quick cook oats
- 3 tablespoons almond, peanut or sunflower butter
- ¼ cup honey or agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups yogurt
- zest of one lime
- fresh berries of your choosing (we love raspberries and blackberries)
- Grease a mini muffin tin with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the banana, oats, almond butter, honey, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Press the mixture into the prepared pan and refrigerate for one hour until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 and bake the cups for 10-12 minutes until firm. Allow to cool and store at room temperature for up to 1 week. You can also freeze the cups for up to one month.
- In a bowl, whisk lime zest into yogurt.
- Fill the granola cups with lime yogurt and fruit or make a special treat and fill the cup with ice cream!