Welcome to the savory side of Margarita Mondays! My favorite thing about margaritas is that they are so easily customizable to my current mood. Sometimes I want the intense tang of lime, or summer sweetness of watermelon, or (spoiler alert for things to come) the tart zing of kiwi;) Today I have this perfectly refreshing, somewhat savory spicy cucumber, cilantro + lime margarita with Tajin rim.
If you don’t know the magic of Tajin, it’s a classic Mexican fruit and snack chili seasoning with a touch of lime and salt. They even sell it in special packaging specifically for rimming glasses, like this Tajin Rimmer. Truth be told, I had no idea there was a rimmer, but with how good it tastes on these margaritas it makes sense. Just to be clear, this post is not sponsored by Tajin! Ha!
All you need is a quick blitz in a blender to make this magical margarita!
- ½ cup lime juice
- ⅛ cup orange juice
- 1 english cucumber
- 1 jalapeño (to seed or not to seed is up to you;)
- ⅓ cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon raw agave nectar
- 4 ounces tequila
- cucumber, sliced into coins to garnish
- Throw all ingredients except tequila and Tajin in the blender and blitz until pulverized.
- Strain mixture throw a fine mesh sieve into a pitcher.
- Stir in tequila.
- Rim 2 glasses with Tajin and fill with ice.
- Pour margarita over ice and garnish with a few cucumber coins in the glass.