Dulce de leche makes EVERYTHING better!
Ice cream? Ummmmm dulce de leche.
Cake? Again, dulce de leche.
Pretzels? Did you not hear me?! DULCE DE LECHE!
It’s so freaking delicious it’s dangerous, and now it’s super silly easy to make in your instant pot. Dulce de leche is an impossibly luscious caramel and here’s how to make it with literally no effort. Skylar and I were seriously going at it with a spoon. Too good!
What do you like to top with dulce de leche?
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- aluminum foil
- Remove the top of the sweetened condensed milk can and cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place the can on a trivet/rack in the instant pot and fill with water until the can is halfway submerged in the water.
- Secure the lid and cook the can for 40 minutes on high pressure and allow to naturally release until all pressure is gone.
- Carefully remove the can from the instant pot and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Carefully stir the caramel in the can using a spoon. The mixture may appear lumpy at first, but keep stirring until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy!
- Pour over vanilla ice cream or just grab a spoon. It's that good!