We’re breakfast obsessed at my house and can eat it any time of day. Breakfast for dinner is just called dinner around here! When the Food Artist wanted to do a breakfast pasta, I was all in. Breakfast pasta is a beautiful marriage of breakfast and dinner, perfect for any time of day!
I make a gluten-free version of this using Barilla gluten-free spaghetti. This is not a sponsored post, just an honest recommendation because it’s hard to find good gluten-free spaghetti!
- 8 ounces dried spaghetti, I use Barilla gluten-free spaghetti
- 6 bacon slices or breakfast sausage links, diced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup toasted gluten-free bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 4 eggs
- Minced chives
- red pepper flakes for garnish.
- In a large stock pot, cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water.
- Drain; set aside.
- In a large rimmed skillet, cook bacon over medium/low heat until crisp. Transfer meat to a paper towel and pour any remaining drippings into the stock pot used for pasta.
- Over medium heat, add butter and garlic to the bacon drippings and sauté about 1 minute until fragrant. Toss in the pasta and add enough reserved pasta water to loosen. Add in the meat and breadcrumbs and toss to combine.
- Heat the large skillet used to cook the bacon over medium heat. Break eggs into the skillet. And cook eggs for 3 to 4 minutes until the white is firm and the yolk is slightly runny.
- Top the pasta with bacon, bread crumbs, eggs, chives, parmesan cheese, pepper flakes.