Fall is upon us so it’s time for breezy summer cocktails to turn into warming autumnal libations. Pears scream fall to me and celebrate the changing of the seasons deliciously! I think this delicious concoction might be this year’s official Thanksgiving drink in my house;)
Who doesn’t love pears, or bourbon, or spicy sweet candied ginger?! No one, that’s who! I can’t resist a good whiskey/scotch/bourbon on the rocks, but when special occasions roll around it’s nice to have a fancy cocktail recipe in your back pocket. Welcome to that recipe. Sweetened with pear juice and spiced with ginger, this cocktail is a crowd pleaser!
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup Water
- 2’’ piece of fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces bourbon
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 ounce Ginger Honey Simple Syrup
- 2 ounces pear juice
- a splash spicy ginger ale for some fizz
- crystallized ginger, to garnish
- In saucepan, combine water, ginger, and honey. Bring to a light simmer over medium heat, stirring to dissolve honey.
- Remove from heat and let steep for 30 minutes.. Strain ginger out and refrigerate in a jar until ready !Cocktail
- Combine bourbon, pear juice, lemon and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice. Vigorously shake until chilled.
- Pour over ice in glass and top with a bit of ginger ale. Garnish with a few pieces of crystallized ginger on a skewer.