So I’ve been working on some new cocktails as a fun way to beat this crazy summer heat. Too many days over 100 degrees can make a girl a bit loopy! If we’re going to be loopy, we may as well put a boozy spin on things. To kick off this little cocktail series I want to start with one of my favorite new creations. It’s a smash to get you smashed! Ha!
It’s super simple and uses all fresh ingredients. Get some cherries before their gone and give this baby a whirl!
- 6 fresh sweet cherries, pitted and halved
- 1 wedge orange
- 1 wedge lemon
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 whole cherry for garnish
- crushed ice
- Muddle cherry halves, orange, lemon, and mint in a cocktail shaker.
- Add syrup, bourbon, and ice and shake hard. Strain in a glass of crushed ice. Top with more crushed ice and garnish with whole cherry.
- ***Crushing ice: simply throw a bunch of ice cubes in a food processor and process until fully crushed or powdered.
- ***Simple syrup: Heat equal parts honey or sugar and water in a pan to a boil and stir until completely dissolved. Let cool and refrigerate.
food photographer, food photography, los angeles, crystal cartier