Oh baby we’ve got a super clutch weeknight meal for you today! Check out these sticky honey lemon drumsticks! They cook up with very little effort in the oven. 10 minutes of prep, 30 minutes in a marinade, and you have dinner on the table for the whole crew. These sticky drumsticks are the perfect size for hungry little hand and the kid love ’em. Win-win!
The best part about this recipe may be how clean and fresh it is. Everything you need to them is probably already in your pantry. Don’t you just love that?! Perfect weeknight meal indeed!
If you make these beauties, tag me on instagram @the_eclectickitchen so I can see them! Let’s build a virtual food community where we can all share delicious, awesome recipes together!
- 4 pounds chicken drumsticks (about 12 drumsticks)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper or red pepper flakes
- 6 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup honey or agave
- 1 tablespoon scallion or chives, mince for garnish
- Pat the drumsticks dry using a paper towel. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large zip seal bag, combine the garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, nutmeg, oil and honey and shake to combine ingredients.
- Place drumsticks into the bag with the marinade and shake to coat. Marinate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chicken in a single layer on a baking pan or rimmed baking sheet with the marinade.
- Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes or until cooked through to 165 degrees. Served with lemon wedges and chives.